Thursday, January 29, 2009

The rendering plan

Ok, so i've been rendering my first animated scene. A total of about 15 seconds. Each frame is 1920x1080 (1080hd). Im pleasantly surprised with the render times so far. Heres the plan as things get more congested. I have 4 computers to render from.
1) Quad core 3.0ghz, 16gigs ram 2) Dual core 3.0ghz, 8gigs ram 3)Dual Core 2.8ghz, 6gigs ram 4) Dual core 2.8ghz, 4 gigs ram (laptop)
Unfortunately, I do not have a render farm setup. I may look into trying to set up a render farm, but i think I will need some expensive gear, so that may be out of the question. Right now, all of the setting up is going through 2 USB switchable external harddrives. This is annoying, but its the easiest way to transfer files without spending a bunch of money.
Like I said, right now, things are going smooth. With that said, it is the least populated scene that im rendering, and im rendering it on my most powerful computer. We'll see if I can pull this thing off with this set up.

Peace,
Eric

0 comments: